As an HR Professional or an IT Expert, if you are required to support an organization with getting its Organizational Structure set-up and maintained in a SAP system, this book can guide you with doing so. It provides you with answers to various questions such as
1) Why is an Organizational Structure needed?
2) What are its essential elements?
3) How can it be built and used in the system?
The book provides the context of the Organizational Structure, explaining how it
1) Holds a central position within HCM and
2) Supports other components of SAP ERP
The book takes you through the steps required to implement an Organizational Structure, from Basic Configuration to its Detailed Maintenance.
After reading the book, you should be able to
1) Understand the value of using Organizational Management, and
2) Set up and enhance an Organizational Structure in the SAP HCM System.
A key feature of the book is that it provides step-by-step instructions on configuring an Organizational Structure so anyone, regardless of his/her prior knowledge of the subject, could implement it easily.
The book is based on SAP ERP 6.0, but is also relevant to earlier releases, and in terms of the concepts and basic layout to S/4HANA as well.